Please Click Flower To Visit My Website

Please Click Flower To Visit My Website
Vanilla Bean Babies

Thursday, September 30, 2010

I have forgotten how hard it is to design patterns.  I worked on my head today and it is to simplify and change up a pattern I have done (Belle) and yet, it was sooooo hard!  I finally got it actual size.  It is hard to "see" in 3D what I am doing on the flat paper.  Ugh.  I think of people like Temple Grandin and her amazing ability as a person with Asperger's to see this way and can't even imagine it even though I have seen her speak via computer and saw her bio movie and read her amazing, amazing books.  It is a very, very hard thing to do.  Here I am just doing fairly simple things vs designing at the scale she does.  (revolutionized the  cattle and industry with her designs of humane slaughter facilities).  She is amazing with animals. 

So, have gotten this far.  The rest will be much easier.  I am anxious to see what her head dimension will be once together... 

Why do I do this to myself?  I love it.  LOL.  Just like you do.  Love the challenge, just all of it! 


1 comment:

  1. Hi Kim,
    Thanks for following me!! I know all too well how hard it is to design patterns. Seems like I am always getting frustrated with size and proportion.
    I don't know who Temple Grandin is but it seems like she has a special ability that I would like right now. Your dolls are amazing, and I think you are a very talented Artist.
    I started out 32 years ago making cloth dolls, and now it seems I have come full circle.
    There is just something special about cloth dolls. I am excited to see your finished results!!
    XOXO
    Dessa Rae

    ReplyDelete





Pheobe

Pheobe





Kelly Belle

Kelly Belle

~Grace Belle~

~Grace Belle~

~Jasmine Belle & Her Baby~

~Jasmine Belle & Her Baby~

~Violet Belle~

~Violet Belle~

~Jennifer Belle~

~Jennifer Belle~

Am I cute?

Am I cute?