Please Click Flower To Visit My Website

Please Click Flower To Visit My Website
Vanilla Bean Babies

Sunday, November 6, 2011

In progress

I am working on Judi Ward's, Bare Baby.  I love this pattern too.  I just love it.  I have done similar work on stringing this way but the way the legs are done here is just what I was looking for in my own dolly making.  Just love it!  I think if I make it again, I will do the arms more alongside the body but this is super fun and I love the arms this way too for posing.  Both ways would be great with this pattern.  The head is floppy and turns and I just love it.

I weighted this guy/girl, not sure yet and put plastic pellets in the arms and legs which next time, I will enclose in a pouch like I did the body and head so you won't see the lumps. 

Here is a doll I am working on by Susan Fosnot (pattern).   The only change I made was to articulated fingers as I always do as I don't enjoy making mitten hands or stitched fingers, same for the baby above.

I think I would catoragize this one as prim/ragdoll?  Def. vintage style and I am going to oil paint her face and hair.  I used velour with the stretch vertical and I think I should have done horizontal as her head is long.  Susan does not recomment the velour for this pattern but I do like it:


No comments:

Post a Comment





Pheobe

Pheobe





Kelly Belle

Kelly Belle

~Grace Belle~

~Grace Belle~

~Jasmine Belle & Her Baby~

~Jasmine Belle & Her Baby~

~Violet Belle~

~Violet Belle~

~Jennifer Belle~

~Jennifer Belle~

Am I cute?

Am I cute?